Why do I need a second opinion?

• I was diagnosed with lung cancer recently. My family doctor is of the opinion that I should get a second opinion before undergoing the treatment suggested by my oncologist. Why do I need one?

• Hi Rose6786,

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Being diagnosed with cancer is never easy, and I understand it must be tough. You must have a lot of questions which need answering. However, one thing I can tell you is that there is nothing wrong in following your doctor's advice and getting a second opinion. Many times, second opinions give a new perspective on a patient’s treatment strategy, as observed in multiple studies. Each patient has a unique disease process and may not fit into the standard clinical situation seen commonly, so a second opinion (essentially a multidisciplinary approach) is a good approach to manage cancer.

In case you need help finding a doctor to advise on your condition, feel free to reach out to us on www.onco.com. We are happy to help.
    Take care!

• Hi,

Yes, being diagnosed with cancer is definitely not easy. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine getting cancer. But you know what they say, cancer hits you when you least expect it. I understand why you're seconding my doctors suggestion of me getting a second opinion. If there's even a small chance that I don't have cancer, then I'm happy to get tested again. I'm trying to be as positive as I can for the sake of my family, but I'm beginning to worry. I'd be grateful if you could help me with the steps required to get a second opinion. Please, thank you.

• Hi Rose6786,

I must say that we are incredibly proud of you for being positive despite everything. Having said that, we can definitely help you out. You can call us on +918884455789 or reach out to us on www.onco.com. Once you do, we will take it forward from there.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Stay positive, and God bless.

Looks like your connection to COMMUNITY was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.